|Photo by: Mike Mozart via Flickr|
Consumer electronics company Fitbit is set to release its first major update to its Ionic smartwatch’s OS software.
The American company announced that it will bring new watchfaces and 14 new apps to its smartwatch platform. The new applications are said to feature popular brands to help users have a wrist-first experience. These apps include:
* Surfline that tracks marine weather forecasts,
* Clue that provides patterns of menstrual cycle,
* Game Golf that works on 37,000 golf courses worldwide,
* Walgreens that detects the nearest Walgreens drugstore,
* Hue Lights that controls the ambiance of the smartwatch,
* Nest that lets the user view the Nest learning Thermostats in a room,
* Yelp that locates nearby restaurants,
* Flipboard that provides the latest health and fitness tips and news,
* The New York Times that provides the latest stories of the day,
* Trip Advisor explores travel places and accommodations,
* Uber that gets the user a quick cab ride,
* United Airlines that lets users check their flight status,
* British Airways that provides information on travel, and
* Lyft that provides ride-hailing services.
Fitbit also announced that they have three watchfaces for Ionic bundled with the update. The new watchfaces are mountainscape, threads, and levels.
The company said that they will be adding an early access test program which they call, Fitbit Labs.